Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pattern Review: B Line 6362

Pin It Do you sew with vintage patterns?  How about just old ones? 

Recently I came across an old pattern my mother had for sewing for me and my sisters.  It is B line 6362, a spin-off pattern line by Butterick.  It contains a dress shirt, vest, skirt, shorts, leggings, and a tie.  Yep, a tie.
If you are my age, you probably remember wearing a similar outfit with very tall bangs.

But I decided that a vest would be a nice addition to Abi's wardrobe so I sewed up this very easy pattern.  It is a lined vest, but this is a simple project.  I have also sewn up the leggings and they are a great one-piece leg pattern.


Review


Sizes available:  The pattern only comes in sizes 7-10.  But the vest looked big so I tried it on.  Well, it fit me so depending on how loose you want it, it could fit most pre-teens.


Special materials required:  2 buttons
Skill level required: beginner

Good:  It is easy.
Bad:  It is quite baggy and does not come in a lot of sizes.

Overall pattern rating  I give this pattern three bolts because it is a bit dated and may be hard to find.  But the individual pieces can be modernized and turn out pretty cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!