Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pattern Review: McCalls M4762

Pin It
Abi needed some summer pants and I did not have a lot of time so I tried out these pants from McCalls M4762, which was a recent acquisition of mine.  I thought the tank top was pretty cute and Abi has been asking for more pull-on pants.







Pattern Source:  I picked up this pattern on sale while I was a Joann Fabric and Crafts. And boy am I glad I did not pay full price.



pattern review


Sizes available: This pattern comes in sizes 3 to 14.  But it runs very large.  It has a whole lot of ease and would be a better pattern for a plus size gal or one with some curves.  Even after I slimmed down the pants a couple sizes, they are way too big.



Special materials required: The pants are fairly basic and you only need pant weight fabric and elastic.

Skill level required:  A beginner could sew these up as the are not complicated and have no special details.  But I am not sure it is a good idea.  I don't want a beginner to be discouraged by the poor fit.


I deviated from the pattern a bit by adding the ribbon belt. I later added belt loops for the belt after seeing how bunched up the front was.  I also shortened them to be capris for the summer.



Good: Ummmm, I did not like these pants so I don't have really nice to say.  ...they were easy.
Bad: The pants are very plain and should have been a great basic pattern. Instead, the fit was so far off, the look a bit ridiculous.
Overall pattern rating:  Therefore, I give these pants 2 bolts.  I had high hopes for these capris but I am very disappointed with the fit.  I am not saying it is a terrible pattern, but you should be ready to make some modifications if you choose to sew them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!