Monday, September 15, 2014

Pattern Review: Simplicity 3881

Pin It
pattern review




Today I want to review a pattern I have had for a while but use at least once a year; Simplicity 3881. I sewed this version for my daughter a while ago but had not yet reviewed it here on Sew Cool. It is a pattern containing many options.  It comes with a dress, pants, and top.  I have sewn the dress a couple times; once for my niece and once for my daughter.


In this version I substituted the bubble skirt with a circle skirt and my daughter loves it.  The V-neckline does run a bit low, so she always layers it; either with a tank top when it is warm, or a long sleeve during cooler temperatures.


Sizing:  The pattern goes up to size 14 and has a plus size version, if you can find it.

Special Materials:  This and the other views on this pattern require knit fabrics.

The Good and Bad:  The pattern is simple and great for beginners and has some details.  It is a bit trendy and to me has an 80's vibe, so if you don't like that kind of thing, it is not the pattern for you.

Overall rating:  I give this pattern 4 bolts.  It is not one of my favorites but the fact I have sewn it so many times really does say something.   I think a novice and an experienced sewer could get some good use out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! How else would we know if we are being helpful or giving you the content you need and want? Also, if you have an idea on how to make custom pre-teen clothes, please tell us about it!